top of page


U.S. immigration and nationality laws allow citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to sponsor certain family members for permanent or temporary visas. Sugar Land family immigration attorney Sohaib A. Rehman serves his clients by guiding them through the process of helping family members come to the U.S. — legally and permanently.


Contact Sugar Land immigration lawyer Sohaib A. Rehman to discuss your questions about family based immigration. 

Immediate Relative Visas (IR Visas): U.S. citizens may apply on behalf of their foreign spouses, unmarried children under 21, adopted children, and parents of children who are at least 21 years old.


Family Immigration Visas: For family members of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (green card holders). There are annual limitations to each specific preference category, which is based on the applicant's relationship with the citizen or lawful permanent resident. Family-based preference visas are available to children of U.S. citizens (who are not eligible for an IR visa); spouses, minor children, and unmarried adult children of permanent residents; and siblings of U.S. citizens.


Fiancé Visas:

To obtain a temporary visa for a fiancé(e) or for a spouse who is awaiting processing of his/her green card. Temporary visas are available for:

    • K-1 visas: Temporary visas for fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens (K-1) and their children (K-2).

    • K-3 visas: For spouses of U.S. citizens married outside of the U.S. (K-3) and their children (K-4); or marriage visas (an I.R. visa or Conditional Resident visa — depending on the date of marriage and when the visa is applied for).


Sohaib A. Rehman has the knowledge and experience to guide you in determining your options for gaining permanent or temporary residency for a family member. Contact a Sugar Land immigration attorney to evaluate your situation and the current state of the USCIS immigration laws, and recommend your best course of action.​

bottom of page